Over the past 30 years, Gocil has developed a concern for the sustainable development of the company and, with this in mind, it has adopted attitudes and developed strategic policies that consider environmental, social and economic aspects.
Gocil sponsors the GREENFARM CO2FREE Project, considered the most complete environmental preservation enterprise in the world. This project is responsible for the preservation of a total area of 46,540.66 m2, located in the city of Itaquirai, in the state of Mato Grosso do Sul.
This project provides Gocil with carbon credits, classifying the company as CO2 (carbon dioxide) free. CO2 is a major source of air pollution, jeopardizing the environment and the ozone layer.
The project includes studies and research on different species, soil and climate, thanks to a team of specialist.
To learn more., Click Here.
Besides the GreenFarm project, Gocil has an internal program with sustainable actions, which include:
- The exchange of all computer monitors (CRT and LED) (CRT = Cathode ray tube);
- Mapping of suppliers that follow sustainability and social responsibility practices and that possess certifications;
- Monitoring and guidance for the reduction of electricity consumption and presence sensors in open circulation areas in order to save energy;
- Exchange of our entire fleet of fossil fuel vehicles for biofuel-powered vehicles.
- Selective garbage separation at administrative buildings;
- "Sustainability Week" hosted since 2011 and aimed at raising awareness and encouraging staff to participate;
- Recycling of bullet-proof vests: after3 years of use, the vests are returned to the supplier, which reuses the material for the production of brake liners and pads;
- Recycling of all cells and batteries;
- Recycling of oil used in oil filters for the entire fleet. When changing the oil, we collect all the material and deliver it to a duly certified recycling company;
- Implementation of eco-ashtrays that, after weekly collection, are delivered to a company that reuses the material for asphalt production.
Gocil also has two programs that complement its concern for the area, namely the Corporate Voluntary Program and the Solid Waste Management Program.